February has been a very up-and-down month.
I have 36 story submissions out. One is a reprint, two are shortlisted, and one is a requested rewrite. My wait times range from 0-134 days. I also asked a market if they’d consider a rewrite of a story they rejected. They haven’t answered me.
Two of my short story were accepted this month. One of my sales was my very first ever requested story, which is pretty exciting. I finished and submitted eight new stories.
I had one publication this month. It’s listed under "Published Works." It’s also listed on the Amazon Author Page I made for myself.
One Revolution, my Kickstarter Project, succeeded. Starting in April, I’m going to be posting flash fiction here on my website again, and after 12 months I’m going to print a book of those stories, plus a few extras.
The University of Pittsburgh rejected my MFA application. I didn’t get a fellowship interview at Chatham. I am almost certainly not going to grad school in the fall.
I have two queires out to agents about my fantasy novel. I need to be better at sending those, but it’s hard for me. I’m used to waiting for responses before I resubmit something. So far, no one has been interested in seeing it. I shouldn’t be discouraged. I’ve only sent it to six people, so far. I need to take a weekend and send out a whole bunch of queries. Maybe that’ll be a goal for March.