Jeremy Zimmerman tagged me to do this, and I’m crazy behind schedule on it. I’m supposed to tag other people, and that’s been the hold up. So, insteaad of tagging new people, I’m going to break some rules and just include links to other people who’ve already done it, instead. I’m a rebel, and this is already late enough. Go ahead and read Steve Ramey, Sandra Odell, and Eric J. Guignard‘s answers.
1) What is the working title of your next book?
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
I was playing Dragon Age and reading Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold, and I think the core tone of the story grew out of those. It’s also influenced by all of the romantic fantasy that I read when I was growing up.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Romantic fantasy. ^_^
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Umm. Maybe Hayden Panettiere as Beth, Michelle Pfeiffer as her mother, a young Jay Tavare as Solas, a slightly younger-than-right now Dolf Lundgren as Ailean and Julianne Moore as Elissa. And Christopher Lee as Lord Ordinal, and Benedict Cumberbatch as Dumarion, since he’s probably pretty good at voicing dragons at this point.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Elizabeth Avigaline must deal with gods and learn to harness the magic in her blood to build a new life for herself and save the world from demons.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I’m currently seeking representation.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
A couple of years. I did take a long break in the middle, though. Middles are hard.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Well, Paladin of Souls, I suppose. And Magic’s Pawn by Mercedes Lackey. My book does have a magic horse in it.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I love the world I created, and I made myself finish it, even though novels are much longer than my normal writing attention span.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
I did mention the magic horse. There’s also a dragon, true love, petty gods, and a super sexy tattooed love interest.